Friday, February 24, 2012

J.Crew March 2012 Spring Review

I went a little crazy this week on the Spring rollout of the new March 2012 items.  I am so ready for Spring, it's ridiculous.   I went to two different J.Crew stores out of my enthusiasm for bright colors and sunny days in two days because I clearly have some issues with winter and gray Seattle skies.

I didn't expect to love the Long No. 2 pencil skirt in sovereign paisley especially at $148.  Shame on J.Crew for the price, but I am drawn this skirt and I sized down to 6.   It’s meant to be.


Here are some real life pics:

Here are the Cafe Capri pants in Sovereign Paisley in the same print.  They are super comfortable.  My husband and 12-year old daughter stood outside the dressing room waiting for me.  While my Personal Stylist cheered me on for my boldness with prints, my husband and daughter let out a collective gasp and looked confused.  Then my husband cringed and said "You will wear those once, maybe twice, then they will hang in the closet." Okay.  Fair enough.  Next, please.

I indulged my inner rocker chic and bought another leopard pencil skirt. The No.2 Pencil Skirt in Abstract Leopard fits like the paisley skirt (I got a 6).  This doesn't look great on the hanger, but I see so many options in real life.

Real life pics:
J.Crew Jean Jacket
J.Crew Vintage V-neck Tee
J.Crew Abstract Leopard No.2 pencil skirt
J.Crew Palma Leather Platform Wedges
Here  are the Cafe Capri pants in Abstract Leopard,which are super comfortable, but feel a little late 80's Vince Neil or David Lee Roth.   I kind of dig them but they frighten me.   Thoughts?  Are these a midlife crisis in my pants or fun and playful?

(Update: I caved and got the pants on sale for $79).  Here is another pic - forgive the dog's toys in the background:)
Nordstrom Halogen Cardigan
J.Crew Ribboned Tank
J.Crew Abstract Leopard Cafe Capri pants
J.Crew Watson Wedges
Coach Alexandra Handbag
DNKY Ceramic Watch
Madewell Necklace
I tried on the Fabiola Dress in the same print which fit everywhere but the chest was tight and pushed the girls up to the sky!  I only posted this one since the other pic was close to a wardrobe malfunction.  Hello, kitty!  I think not.  My husband would probably dig it, but it's a bit too much for me.
Speaking of wild inner rocker chick nostalgia, did you see this tank?  I like the print, it's true to size but it's too low cut for work.  I love the Featherweight Cashmere Cardigan.
How about this Cotton Cardigan in Overbloom Floral at $88 (so cute in real life)?  Please go on sale and wait for me, cutie!

The dotted skirt  (in store) is cute for Spring.   I didn't get it, and thought I should quit while I am ahead and get this on sale (and my hubby was ready to go at this point):


I did give in and buy the dotted scarf (will match my other pencil skirt):

I love the No. 2 pencil skirt in ultra eyelet in chili (for next time or online):


The shoes I love now (seen above):
Valentina Pumps in Roof top Red, $228
Here they are in real life:
I love, love love these cuties.   These are comfy (believe it or not) and chunky wedges (love!):
Palma Leather Platform Wedges, $178
I do love the reds, purples and bright blues.  It's still colder and rainy in Seattle, but I am trying my best to channel Spring.  This is what I wore to work on Friday:
J.Crew Factory Necklace
J.Crew Contrast Stripe Tee
J.Crew no.2 Pencil Skirt
Born Bitty Boots




How was your week?

23 comments:

  1. Thanks for the pics Tammy - they all look good on you! Can you tell me if the Chili is a true red or more orange undertones?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks SO much for posting these reviews!!! You look super, super cute in everything. I need that dotted scarf! And, I'm glad to see that you sized down in the No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Sovereign Paisley because it isn't offered in my normal size 14; I may have to try that skirt now! Thanks again! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved all the skirts except for the one in polka dots on you, and wasn't crazy about the printed pants either.

    The red shoes are cute... I tried those on also but didn't get them. I had a red pair of shoes many years ago that just sat in the closet, so I don't want to repeat that mistake.

    Thanks for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I personally prefer printed tops than bottoms. It has more longevity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the dotted skirt. The leopard abstract is interesting. I agree there are many colors to pull out of that one. Thanks for sharing your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WWM - the chili is that J.Crew kind of red with a bit orange undertone. It is a pretty red color, but accurately called chili (it's not a fire engine or bluish toned red).

    Thanks, Rose. I do that that with shoes, as well! I get excited over colors. :)

    Sunny, I end up with printed tops, but get easily bored with the patterns then stop wearing them.

    Gigi, the leopard has some cute tones. So many options. The skirt was cute, I think it will go on sale quickly. There are so many dotted items in the store.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the polka dot skirt! Is the denim jacket a current one in store? You look cute in everything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, the denim jacket is in store (Bellevue) for $99. I love this one and have 2 J.Crew denim jackets. Should I cave in? This is different.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have two other J.Crew denim jackets too! This one is cute 'though and different than the other two. :-) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That paisley skirt looks fab on you! I love the print but prefer my paisley in tops rather than bottoms.
    Okay, I am really into prints so that might explain why I am intrigued by those abstract leopard pants. They would lend themselves well to a nice solid top/ sweater and a fabulous shoe. I'll have to keep an eye out for those when I go to the store to see how they look irl.
    I agree that the Valentina is a fabulous shoe. Love the color you got. I saw them at the clearance center and decided not to buy them and kind of regret that decision.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks! I'm intrigued by the pants but nervous - I think with a solid top like you said (even a simple tee) would tone it down.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just got the red Valentinas and absolutely LOVE them. I can't believe how comfy they are. Soooo cute and just a bit sexy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm blown away by the comfort - not typical in all JCrew pumps or the pointy toe ones for other brands.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your reviews are much appreciated! Really you and J. Crew get along "quite well" as everything looks FAB!
    I love the long paisley skirt, the abstract leopard skirt, the contrast stripe baseball tee and the Chili skirt is something I wanna check out--the Valentina shoes are literally PERFECTION--beautiful shoe/wearable heel-stunning colors!!!!
    Thank you!--you are not good for my bank account though!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooo great picks! I don't blame you for getting those items. Is it just me or do those Palma platforms look fabulous with all the outfits?! They look like a great closet staple for summer :)

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for this great post - I'm catching up after a week away - all of the pieces look absolutely adorable on you! and they all look much better iRL than I expected! I picked up a bunch of new things - but none of these - but will be watching during the next promo or sale!
    Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree with tiny dancer, those Palma platforms would rock summer outfits. They look great on you. I also like the way the denim jacket gives the pencil skirt outfits a casual vibe.

    The eyelet skirt is on my wishlist! Thanks for posting the pictures and reviews - always so helful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yogagirl - there are some beautiful purples that you would appreciate ;-)

    Tiny Dancer - I think those shoes look good with everything!!!! I love them.

    Thanks, Suzy!

    ABC - I love mixing demim with pencils. I love pencils period!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi there!

    Thanks for the reviews. I'm really loving those red wedges. Just wondering if they're easy to walk in? Some wedges can be a bit too clunky and uncomfy so I was just hoping to get your opinion. Thanks :)

    Happy Friday!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great reviews, thank you! I need to make my way to a j crew soon.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great purchases and you look amazing in every outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks, Sparrowsandsparkles and Slastena. Karen, they are surprisingly comfy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...